NSV are happy to announce that there is an opportunity to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer.
Closing date: 20/12/2015
- Posting Date: 20/11/2015
- Application Closing Date: 20/12/2015
- Location: Hull Office, England
- Type: Permanent
The job is a full time permanent role to be based in our office in Hull, England We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to work as part of a multi-discipline engineering project team providing the electrical authority within the team, reporting to Projects Manager and Technical Manager. The electrical engineer is responsible for the completion of their allocated tasks within the project team on time, to specification and within budget. To this end the electrical engineer performs a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, working to project deadlines, working closely with clients and electrical design.
Experience & Skills
The candidate should have evidence of the following experience:
- Hazardous area design and build knowledge (preferred but not essential)
- Working within a project team
- Production of manufacturing and project documentation & drawings
- Control Panel design
In addition, the candidate will be expected to do the following:
- Work in line with company procedures and standards
- Review work prepared by other engineers and members of the engineering team
- Manage day to day operational aspects of the projects
- Maintain project files
- Develop design work from conceptual to detail utilising computer assisted design; AutoCad Electrical, AutoCAD and other software as required.
- Design electrical systems and equipment in line with project/UK/international standards and specifications
- Optimise design with a view to reduce procurement costs, production time and documentation costs.
- Produce 2D drawings to optimise the manufacturing process and minimise costs
- Peer check colleagues work before issuing for official review
- Be aware of current trends and developments within profession
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant legislation
- Have financial awareness of projects
- Work within and report on allocated budgets
- Manage suppliers & sub-contractors
- BOM Generation & management
- Assist in supplier selection process and quality approval
- Work to project plans/targets and lead-times